Tuesday, November 24, 2009

And even closer...

Got the masters back from Brad Sarno and they sound pretty good. Of course (as always) there are things that I would like tweaked, but for the first run-through, it sounded pretty damn good. Brad is a very talented guy. So, not only did he add brilliant pedal steel to one song, but he's mastering the whole damn thing. Hooray for IAC for hooking me up with him!

Also, in our conversations, it turns out that we have another (loose) connection, as he used to play in the local Dead cover band when I was in college down at the University of Missouri, Columbia -- Blue Dixie. I think that I saw them only once, but their flyers were everywhere when I was down there, as they seemed to play all the freaking time at the Blue Note. (A wonderful club, which happens to be the first place that I ever got up on stage to play in front of a crowd!) 

Sending off the artwork to the duplication folks today, also. They're gonna check it to make sure that it all fits into their template; and then they'll get the printing set up. After that, when the final masters come in... it's MUSIC AHOY!!! I should have the discs in my greedy little hands before the end of the year. My label is gonna get us set up at iTunes, eMusic, Amazon, and CD Baby in time for an "official" release date sometime in early/mid February.
:>D :>D :>D :>D etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment